top of page

Pilot Licence

A microlight can be flown in the UK with a National Private Pilot Licence (NPPL) which can be significantly more cost effective to gain than most other light aircraft pilot licences
Views from Microlight

Medical Information

CAA Pilot Medical Declaration can be competed on the CAA website. You can also use a Class I or II.


To attain a UK NPPL(microlight) you must fulfil the following requirements before taking a General Skills Test flight with a local examiner:

  • 25 hrs Total Flight Time, of which:

    • 10 hrs is Solo

    • 3 hrs is Solo Cross-country

  • 1 Solo Qualifying cross-country flight of over 100nm or 2 40nm solo cross country flights.

  • 5 Ground Exams: Air Law, Human Performance & Limitations, Meteorology, Aircraft Technical and Navigation

  • Radio Practical Exam (optional)

Microlight Flying Adventures_.jpg

Follow us online for more!

  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Instagram
bottom of page